What to Know About Intervention Services
Addiction is a disease and the third leading cause of death in the U.S. Helping a loved one struggling with addiction can be emotionally challenging. Recovery Care Partner would love to be your treatment ally during this difficult period in your life. Although a direct, heart-to-heart conversation may begin the road to recovery, a person who experiences an addiction often cannot see or acknowledge their problem. As a result, a more focused approach is often necessary, and joining forces with others can help break the addiction cycle. This disease affects the entire family and requires community support. An intervention is done at any stage of the addiction, and early intervention is just as effective as a late intervention. Here is everything you need to know about our intervention services in Virginia.
What are intervention services?
An intervention is a carefully choreographed process whereby a group of family and friends gather together to confront their loved ones about the consequences of addiction and ask that they accept treatment. Our Recovery Care Partner intervention services recovery professionals are available to support you during the process when action through a formal intervention is needed. Licensed professionals facilitate the intervention, so the addict is typically more receptive to seeking treatment when the intervention is performed correctly. Intervention professionals will intervene in a way that entices the addict to accept help, which also makes it easier for the family and friends of said person to support them through these trivial moments. Our intervention services are conducted lovingly and compassionately in a clear, firm, professional manner because we understand that the life-threatening circumstances demand it. We never bully or use scare tactics to move the needle. Virginia is just as susceptible to the addiction epidemic as other states. So, we make sure that our intervention services in Virginia are based on love and designed to counteract the fear, anxiety, and anger that typically arise during the process. Our professionals are determined to protect all intervention service participants from recurring emotional and financial pain. We want to get it right the first time.
Recovery Care Partner Will Provide The Following:
- Diligently prepare to increase the chance that your loved ones will accept help.
- Recommend care that maximizes a sustainable, life-long recovery.
- Become an ongoing healing resource for you and your family.
How does an Intervention Work?
Recovery Care Partner professionals will help family and friends provide specific examples of your loved one’s destructive behavior and the impact that behavior has on their lives. We will design a prearranged treatment plan with clear steps, goals, and guidelines that each person can easily follow if their loved one refuses to accept treatment.
Intervention service professionals typically adhere to the following steps:
- Make a plan. An intervention is a highly charged event that can cause anger, resentment, or a sense of betrayal. Our intervention service professionals will help you develop a plan.
- Gather information. It is vital to collect information about the addict’s behavior, so we can direct them to the treatment program that fits.
- Form the intervention team. A team of friends and family will need to participate in the intervention at a time and place that is convenient for everyone. Everyone on the team needs to work together and present a consistent, rehearsed message and a structured plan. Our professionals will help you stay on track and help avoid distraction or redirection.
- Decide on specific consequences. It is critical to follow through on consequences if your loved one refuses treatment. Each member will need to decide what action they will take. However, don’t threaten a consequence, unless you’re ready to follow through with it.
- Take notes on what to say. Describing specific incidents where the addiction has caused problems, and the toll it took on your life will prevent arguing the facts or your emotional response to the problem.
- Hold the intervention meeting. Without revealing the reason, your loved one with the addiction is asked to the intervention site. At the meeting, your addicted loved one is presented with treatment options and asked to accept that treatment option on the spot.
Addictions that may warrant intervention services in Virginia are:
- Prescription Drug Use
- Street Drug Use
- Compulsive Eating
- Compulsive Gambling
A successful intervention requires careful planning because our goal is a sustainable, lifelong recovery.
The intervention team should NOT include anyone who:
- Your loved one dislikes
- Has unmanaged health issues or substance abuse problems
- May not be able to limit what he or she says as agreed upon during the planning meeting
- Might sabotage the intervention
Getting Control Of Your Life With Intervention Services In Virginia
For more than three decades, Recovery Care Partner has maximized an addict’s chance of creating a healthy life and a sustainable lifelong recovery. We pride ourselves on partnering with families, employers, therapists, detox units, in-patient treatment centers, intensive outpatient programs, partial hospital programs, and halfway houses. Our intervention service professionals in Virginia are available to help guide you through the intervention process. If you are ready to take this brave next step for the sake of your loved ones, contact us today to get started!